Happy Tuesday everyone! It’s Tasty Tuesday over at FTLOB and what a perfect way to start my morning! I’ve just arrived at work, barely because I was dozing off in the car driving to work! UGGHH... That could have been tragic! Anywhoo I’m here and ready to rock and roll…
|Abortion Rally in DC -Monday evening|
Yesterday ended on a somewhat interesting note, my evening drive home always takes me right through the heart of DC and little did I know there was some sort of abortion rally going on but believe me, I knew when I got there! Everywhere I looked I saw signs, people, police, tour buses and more people. Traffic was RIDICULES and at a standstill so I used this opportunity to make lemonade out of lemons and took a few shots of the rally for my blog post this morning. I have to say the saddest thing I saw was this sign that read, "I regret my abortion" which was being carried by this older woman. I didn’t want to take her photo because well, I just felt it would be rude but none the less it was sad.
When I got home I remembered that Coco had a vet appointment for her boarding shots so we headed out. While there she decided to bite the veterinary and I didn’t really feel too bad because my vet pretty pushy anyways and always trying to get me to do tons of tests and shots and a whole bunch of junk that usually costs about $500.00 which I don't feel Coco needs right now. Each time I refuse my vet treats me as if I’m the worst pet owner in the world, though I know better!
When I got home I decided to have a cup of tea while making dinner for my hubby and me (chicken fettuccine with a homemade white sauce, very yum-yum). Later I watched Bad Girls Club which seems to be getting more and more, well for lack of a better word, stupider as each episode goes along. Isn’t the point of the show that these girls come there to learn something and change their ways because all I see is partying, fighting and random sex with outsider guys who look pretty disgusting and a whole lot of unnecessary drunk-grinding on each other. I mean they could do all this back home! I want some Bad Girl intervention here!
Anyway, in honor of Tasty Tuesday, here is my yummy recipe for Chicken Enchiladas. I don’t eat pork or beef so I make everything with turkey, chicken or seafood, I love these chicken enchiladas but it’s good to know that they can be very heavy and if you’re on diet, you’ll want to use low fat cheese and lean meat.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 chicken breast meat (or however much you desire)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F. Use non stick spray on a large casserole dish to lightly grease it.
- In a skillet lightly drizzly olive oil and began to sauté the chicken, ad your own seasonings for taste.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, and then stir in the green chilies, sour cream.
- Then pour in with finished chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place tortilla seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- When all tortillas are filled and rolled, pour enchilada sauce over the entire dish and then sprinkle a nice amount of cheese over the top and back for 35 minutes with foil covering the dish. For the last 10 minutes remove foil and bake to get cheese lightly toasted and bubbly.
- Eat and enjoy!