Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lemons To Lemonade

Happy Thursday! I’m starting today on a positive note and am going to attempt to use today as my day of inspiration by taking a tip from Tina Crane over at Sitting on my Strawberry Swing and try to be positive about things instead of all whiny and negative! Believe me; I could easily make a GIANT list of things that get on my nerves but why use my efforts for such negativity, it’s only going to make my life that much worse! Example: As I was driving into work this morning I started thinking about how badly I really want a new car and all the stuff I really dislike about my current car but then I stopped myself and said, “Hey at least I have a car!” So SCORE 1 point for me! I turned a lemon into sweet lemonade! Anyway, speaking of drinks, its Thirsty Thursdays over at FTLOB’s so I’m going to post a recipe for a yummy drink at the end of this post!

Moving on, so if you’ve been paying attention, I’m currently reading (FFF) Food, Fitness and Faith for Women as well as (PP) Prayers and Promises for Women. So today one of my lessons in FFF for Women was to start building a set of healthy habits to aid my Christian journey so to do this I have to write out some healthy habits that I want to establish as well as identify some unhealthy ones that I want to get rid of.

I try to read the required pages before I leave for work because I believe it’s helping me to start my days off with a better outlook on things which leads me back to the whole thinking positively thing. It’s funny because whenever anyone ever told me I was negative, I'd reply back with,  "I’m not negative I’m just realistic"  I still don't feel there's anything wrong with this and I still stand firm behind this theory but maybe I can be realistic with a positive twist!  So I’m putting that on my list of things I want to establish as a healthy habit!
  1. Be positive 
  2. ??????
  3. ??????
  4. ??????
  5. ??????
I think that’s a good start for now, FFF for Women is a 21 day life changing journey so if I read this book according to the plan, I should be on the right track in 21 short days! Now that’s some positive thinking! 

Okay now for my drink recipe: 


Last summer I went to Mexico and had Non-alcoholic Pina Coladas every day so I have to share this home made recipe with everyone!

Pina Coladas (non-alcoholic):
Since I don’t drink alcohol my recipe will not include it however, you can add it if desired.

Prep Time: approximately 5 minutes:
You'll need:
  • 2 ½ cups of ice
  • ½ Cup of milk or heavy cream
  • Pineapple chucks (8oz can or about ½ cup of fresh pineapples)
  • ½ cup of Mr. & Mrs. T’s Pina Colada Mix
  • Garnish: Cherry and half sliced pineapple and Whip cream
  • Substitute: Milk or heavy cream for approximately 3 table spoons vanilla bean or pineapple ice cream
Keep Reading,

1 comment:

  1. I like the power of positive, but let's face it, we can all be Debbie Downers sometimes! I'm guilty. So kuddos for you for setting out to "get your mind right" and put forth a positive attitude. Plus, I think it's awesome that you are doing 2 studies! i like to do them...but I'm a cheater and never actually do the lesson the goes w/the reading. I know, I know...what's the point then?!?! Anywho, happy Thirsty THursday!! And here's to being positive!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and normally reply back so feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just show some love!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...