So all of us who grew up as a 90’s kid will appreciate this post, a tribute to all the things that entertained our minds growing up in the 90’s. Enjoy the stroll through memory lane.
You used the line "it's a free country" every day.
· You wore more than one scrunchie in your hair at a time.
· Two words… Trapper Keeper.
· NKOTB = New Kids On the Block when they were cool
· You collected Trolls
You wore leggings/cycling shorts with long t-shirts usually in florescent colors.
· And said "Not" at the end of every sentence.
· You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"
· You know how to dance the Macarena and the moves to Y-M- C- A
· You watched After School Specials to learn important life lessons.
· You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved by the Bell"
You remember the craze, then the banning of slap bracelets
· You remember the saying "I've fallen and I can't get up"
· Kool-Aid was the drink of choice.
· You wore stick-on earrings.
· You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had fluffed bangs carefully hair sprayed in place
· You wore skorts and felt stylish!
You owned a Spice Girls album!
· You dreamed of one day being part of the Baby-Sitters club
· You Said things like, “Talk to the hand” and “Then why don’t you marry it!”
· You religiously watched Saved by the Bell on a Saturday morning!
· You wore CK One
· You thought Mr. Feeney would be the best teacher ever
· Free Willy was the coolest movie
· Decisions were made by saying “Eeny-meeny-miney-moe” and mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming “Do over!”
· You learned how to spell from a VTech
· Playing Nintendo was the hardest thing ever!
· Roller skates old school and roller blades are awesome
· You remember when Kurt Cobain, Tu Pac, River Phoenix, Selena, and John Lennon died.
· You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles
· You know that the saying “How Rude!” comes from Stephanie from “Full House”
· All your school supplies were “Lisa Frank” brand
· When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.
· Hide-n-Go Seek at dusk was the best.
· You watched “Little Mermaid” and knew all the songs!
· Happy Meals where you chose a Barbie or a Hot Wheels car.