Thursday, June 9, 2011

My BIG News...


So yesterday was a pretty interesting day! It started off pretty typical but at about noon I received an email from my HR department requesting that I come up and chat about a new position that just became available and if you all recall I have been dealing with a lot of drama because of my co-workers so I’ve been looking for a new job for about a year if not longer… I had all about given up when this week had a few surprises in store for me.

So back to the email: I’m sitting at my desk reading this email and thinking “oh this just must be another follow up meeting to see how things are going.”  So I accept the meeting invitation and head up there.

Right away I see that she has some documents and is asking about my background in the current work I do. Anyways to make a long and wonderful story short and sweet, she informed me that there is this great position that she thinks I’d be a good fit for and wants to talk more with the manager then send me over to talk to the hiring manager!
When I get back to my desk I’m elated beyond words, I was so excited, happy and every other positive emotion that I could not function to do any more work for the day. Good think it was about 3:00 cause that meant I only had 30 minutes left in my work day!

Oh so you want to know what happened, well she said she would get back to me later next week and let me know what steps to take next. I have a pretty good feeling about this position and think it may be the one (like my romantic word play here)!!

I’m latterly dying to get out of my department because of all the nonsense that goes on, not to mention backstabbing, gossip, lies, and so much other stuff that I honestly feel like I’m back in high school but with 40 year olds. (Oh the sad part, I’m still in my 20’s and can see how childish they are acting and seem to know better than people who are so much older than me)

Anyways that was my big news!! I had more to tell but this post is long enough already. I’ll save the rest for this weekend! 

Keep Reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and normally reply back so feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just show some love!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...