Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girl In The City...

So I haven’t blogged in a while because of school, vacation and a few other things going on. July 4th weekend was long and really great! I hated going back to work but here’s the good news I’m headed to the beach this weekend and even better, I’m going to Miami the following weekend so its beach overload for me this summer but honestly is there really anything better than the beach!!

So this week I really need to get back to blogging and mainly I need to cover some fashion topics because there’s so many new styles out there right now and some great trends that I’ve seen over the past few weeks. Also I can’t wait to hit the streets in Miami and see the trends out there! I actually might see if I can get into Miami fashion week next year, it’s March 21-24 and I actually know a PR girl who invited me this year but I wasn’t able to make it. Fingers crossed that I can go next year!

This week has been rough going back to work but I have one more day and then a three day weekend. I’ve recently started riding my bike and getting some great exercise in, I rode for an hour last night and got a bit of a tan so now I look extra cute! LOL!

I’m a big Netflix’s fan and I’m catching up on all the old seasons of The City! I love it and its helping me get back on focus for my blogging because the reason I started blogging was because 1.) I love to write and 2.) I love fashion and wanted to express that to the world! It’s also making me want to take another trip to NYC soon!

What am I doing right now:  Checking out some sites that I haven’t had an opportunity to look at yet but have heard rave reviews about: The first is Seaofshoes.com and the second is fashionologie.com

 
So in the spirit of  FTLOB’s Thursday blog hop, here is a super yummy summer drink which I actually found over at Natural Noshing, a great site for health and fitness!

Banana Buddy Shake: Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used vanilla almond milk or rice milk but cow’s is fine too)
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted peanut butter (any nut or seed butter will work here)
1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground flaxseed (optional but provides a good source of Omega-3s)
pinch of sea salt, optional but so yummy!
dash of cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling on top, if desired)
ice cubes
Directions
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until combined. Drink and enjoy!


Keep reading! 

 

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful blog! I am a new follower from the blog hop. Feel free to stop by and follow me back: http://www.organicplanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and normally reply back so feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just show some love!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...