What You Will Need:
· 2 garlic cloves
· ½ cup of olive oil
· 1 large green or yellow zucchini
· 1 small red onion (sliced thinly)
· Sliced rustic French bread (thinly sliced)
· 2 cups fresh ricotta
· 1 tsp. Maldon salt or sea salt
· ½ tsp. ground black pepper
· 2 tbsp. of thinly sliced fresh basil
· ½ freshly grated lemon zest
· Prepare grill for French bread. If you do not have a grill you can use your oven to toast the brad and roast the veggies.
· Peel and dice garlic, mix with olive oil
· Brush the sliced zucchini and red onions with garlic and olive oil mix and grill until tender.
· Brush French bread with remaining oil and garlic mix and grill until golden brown and crispy.
· Combine the ricotta, salt, pepper and lemon zest
· Place a heap of ricotta mix on the grilled toast
· Place a few grilled onions and zucchinis on top of each piece of toast and serve warm.
· Eat and enjoy!