Looking for something to spice up your lunch that won’t over fill your belly? Try this super fresh and super delicious veggie sandwich and if you’re not into full on veggie, try adding a bit of turkey or chicken breast.
- 2 slices of thick multigrain bread
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 to 3 slices of dill havarti cheese
- 2 pieces of red leaf lettuce
- 4 thick-cut cucumber slices (I recommend slicing the cuke on the diagonal)
- Thinly-sliced red onion, to taste
- About 1/3 cup of shredded carrots
- About 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- Dijon mustard and mayonnaise
Spread Dijon mustard on one slice of the multigrain, then top with cheese, lettuce, onion, cucumber, and tomato. Scatter the carrots evenly across the tomato, then put the avocado on top of the carrots. Spread mayo on the other slice of bread and lightly press the slice onto the veggie pile. Hold with both hands and eat!
*Also if you want more flavor put the carrots and lettuce in a bowl and splash in a little bit of vinaigrette.