Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just Another Tuesday...

Okay everyone, I know I haven’t updated in a while but as you’re all aware, Irene struck her furry all up and down the Eastern seaboard so we decided to skip town  and wait it out. I didn’t have any internet access except on my iphone and I don’t like to blog via mobile apps so in all honesty, I didn't!  Anywhoo… We’re back, safe and sound and ready to jump back into life. Actually, I don't know if the word "ready" is applicable  as much as "forced" is more appropriate a word! Either way, I went back to work yesterday and I think school starts today but that’s all still up in the air.

So it’s Tuesday and there’s really nothing too awfully special about this day so far but its only 11:00am so there’s still hope! My boss is storming around the office mad about something so I'm pretty much staying quiet at my desk and sticking it out until quitting time! I don't want to be that straw who broke the camels back, no sir, not me!

On to other news, today is one of my favorite days over at FTLOB’s, it's Tasty Tuesday and since I love food so much I happen to love Tuesday’s blog theme and have the perfect recipe to share!  If your vegetarian you'll really love it but to be honest, I think anyone will love it, vegetarian or not it's that good!

It’s easy and relatively inexpensive to make.  All you need is tofu and broccoli, along with a few other ingredients that most people have on hand in the fridge.  It's not too bad on the fat and calories aside from the frying of the tofu but just use Pam cooking spray instead of butter or grease to save on the fat. 

Soy-Mirin Tofu With Rice, Broccoli and Peanut Sauce:

Ingredients:
-1/3 c natural peanut butter
-1/8 c tamari
-3 or 4 cloves of garlic (to taste), minced
-1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
-1 T mirin
-1 T brown sugar
-8 oz very firm tofu (vacuum packed), cubed
-veggie oil for frying or/Pam cooking spray
-12 oz broccoli (or about 3 heads), chopped into florets
-brown rice, cooked

Procedure (make sure to set your rice to cook first!):
1. In a bowl mix the peanut butter, tamari, garlic, cayenne, mirin, and sugar.  Set aside.
2. Fry the tofu cubes in a little veggie oil over medium high heat until crispy and browned.  Drain on paper towels and set aside.
3. Bring water to boil in a large pot.  Put 1/4 cup of the hot water into your peanut butter mixture and stir- set aside again.  Salt the water and cook the broccoli for just about 3 minutes.  Drain, put a little cold water on it to stop the cooking, and set aside.
 4. Is your rice done?  Then it’s time to get everything you set aside.  In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the tofu, broccoli, and peanut butter mixture until the sauce begins to bubble and get thick. 
5. Serve over rice and enjoy this very flavorful meal!  It serves 4, unless you’re really hungry and a bit of a pig like we are!

Keep Reading, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and normally reply back so feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just show some love!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...