Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Essential Items For Any Gal's Wardrobe:

Okay ladies, I’m taking this post back to the basics with a few essential items that every gal should have in her closet go giver her wardrobe a kick start!

Here’s the quick list and I’ll break it down in further detail below:

·         

 A skirt
·         A great pair of heels

·         One fabulous hand bag or clutch
·         A flattering pair of jeans
·         Slacks or dress pans in black or brown/tan
·         Classic LBD (Little Black Dress)
·         Classic white button down shirt
·         A Cashmere/Cardigan sweater
·         Fashion jewelry to accent your outfits


Okay so now that you have the hot list, let me go in to further detail for you. First and foremost here a bit of a tip, I like to make my bottoms neutral and my tops more open or colorful this way I can mix and match them while still adding a bit if color and class to my look.

Make sure the skirt is flattering, if you look better in a petite or pencil skirt then go with that, if you like A-Line skirts the take that route but whatever you do make sure it accentuates your body type.

For the shoes, well if you know anything about me, you know that I L-O-V-E shoes so to say have only one great pair of heels is like me saying eat only once a day, it can’t be done. Since this is a started wardrobe post I’m going to keep it simple and say have 2 great pairs of heels that go with anything, preferably a classic black pair and a tan or brown because these are more likely to go with more outfits. There’s been a merger between the pointy toe and the round toe right now that I’m in love with so try that if you can’t decide on either.


Your handbag is the gem to your look, the cherry to your chocolate Sunday so make it really stand out! I love playing with colors and patterns so try something new, step out on a ledge and go for it!

Jeans are a must for any outfit and there are so many types, colors and styles so I’m going to leave this one to you! Play around, have fun and maybe if you’ve never tried it, put on a pair of skinny jeans with a flowy top! You might like the look!

Every gal needs a pair of dress pants for work, for a nice dinner or just for a special occasion.   There really isn’t too much to this, but like the skirt, make sure it’s flattering to your body, not too tight not too high wasted and so on.

Classic little black dress is a must-have in your closet it is so versatile and can be worn in so many different ways to make sure you have one in there, somewhere!  I love adding touches to my LBD like a broach or a colorful blazer, boots one day or heel’s the next. Even in the fall with a jean jacket and casual shoes, there are just so many options for the LBD.

Classic white button down shirt can be worn with a suit, under a vest, tucked into a skirt or a pair of dress pants or even as a casual weekend ware with jeans and flats. Side note: get a few of these in different colors to add flair to your wardrobe.

 A Cashmere/Cardigan sweater is a topper for a work look. It’s clean and stylish while still looking cute and professional.

Lastly, fashion jewelry is just another piece of the pie; it adds flair, flash and a personal touch. You can spice up almost any outfit with a great necklace, broach, earrings, or bracelet and you can find these items at almost any shop or store. I love Charming Charlie’s because they have so many options plus its all color coordinated into shopping sections. Think scarves, belts, textured or patterned stalking, fashion jewelry can be so many things!

I hope this helps any of you lovely ladies who are trying to update your Fall look this season! Keep it simple but keep it fashionably stylish with a touch of you!

Keep Reading, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and normally reply back so feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just show some love!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...